DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHIATRY
The Department of Psychiatry started its journey in 1978 headed by Prof AA Munib and consequently by Prof SU Ahmed, Prof Md Rezaul Karim and Prof Gopal Sankar Dey. Currently it is running under the supervision of Dr RKS Royle.
- Teaching and training under-graduate students.
- Teaching and training post-graduate students.
- Conducting research activities, CMEs.
- Performing liaison psychiatric services.
- Providing outdoor, indoor services to the psychologically deviated clients.
- Providing psychotherapy including counseling, conflict management, relaxation therapy, cognitive therapy, behavioral therapy, cognitive behavior therapy,sex therapy.
Three academic years long M Phil Psychiatry Started in 2003 under Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) and later under affiliation of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). From 2014 four Residents are admitted each year in 5 academic years long MD Residency in Psychiatry course.