Theoretical lectures are delivered by teachers who are postgraduate in their respective fields. For the purpose of delivery of lectures, the college has a centrally located lecture block consisting of three galleries with ancillary facilities like microphone system, overhead project, epidiascope, slide project, multimedia projector with computer and black board. Medium of instruction is English.
A description of the teaching facilities, including the number of lecture theatres, seminar rooms, laboratories and library facilities as follows:
- Lecture theatre (general)-3 (Thee) utilized by all the departments as per routine.
- Tutorial and seminar rooms-26(twenty six), each departments has got one to two rooms.
- Dissection room for Anatomy-1(One).
- Laboratories-13(Thirteen) Anotomy-1, Physiology 2, Biochemistry 2, Pharmacology 2, Pathology 4, Microbiology 2.
- Museum-2(Two) (Anatomy 1, Pathology 1.)
- Autopsy room -1 (One)
- Library -1 (One)
- Medical Education Unit.
- Medical Skill Center-1 (One)
- Bangladesh Medical Research Council Cell (BMRC Cell)
Altogether 1000 hospital beds are available for teaching purpose in specialties like Medicine, Surgery, Orthopedics, Paediatrics, Paediatric Surgery, Neuro Medicine Opthalmology, Psychiatry, Radiology, Radiotherapy, Anesthesiology, Cardiology, Physical Medicine, Skin & Venereal diseases, Infectious diseases etc..
The facilities contributing to clinical teaching and treatment of patients include histopathological & cytological examinations, Microbiological diagnostic facilities , hematological examinations, clinical chemistry, Pathology museum facilities, radiological investigation including CT scan & MRI, endoscopic examinations, radiotherapy, coronary care, isotopic organ scanning radio-immuno assay, ultrasonography and autopsy.