DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
The Department of Surgery has been functioning since the inception of this college in 1962.
Members of the department of surgery participate extensively in the teaching of undergraduate medical students throughout the academic year. Teaching is conducted through a hospital based clinical classes, skills teaching in the Surgical Skills Centre as well as core lectures at the college building.
Department of Surgery, Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College provides facilities for-
- MBBS course
- BDS course
Department of Surgery, Sylhet MAG Osmani Medical College provides-
- Fellowship training under Bangladesh College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Masters course and training under the School of Medical Sciences of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology
- Residency programme for Masters course under Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU)
- Postgraduate teaching corner
- Undergraduate teaching corners
- Postgraduate Library
- Office of the Registrar
- Undergraduate lectures throughout the academic year in the college building
- Undergraduate clinical classes in the hospital wards
- Postgraduate lectures throughout the academic year in the college building
- Postgraduate clinical classes in the hospital wards
- Bedside teaching for the postgraduate and undergraduate students
- Weekly clinical seminars
- Protocol presentation for dissertation and thesis
Faculty members and postgraduate students engage in various research works under the department.